Matching Haircuts
I’m very thankful for strong hair genes.
My mom and dad both have beautiful, thick locks and it appears their grandchildren have inherited those qualities, too. That means our boys need frequent cuts, and Joy has had awesome hair since the day she was born.
I know chemotherapy is affecting Joy’s hair—causing it to thin at the top. But we are grateful it has held on this long. I decided a month or so ago that maybe it was time for her to get a cut. I never know what to expect with treatment, but if it is going to fall out, I’d love for it to be shorter when it happens.
What solidified my decision was coming across an organization that accepts donated hair that they will turn into a wig. I thought I could try and donate my hair, too.
So I booked an appointment and on March 11th we got our haircuts! I went first so Joy could see that it doesn’t hurt. We collected my hair and put it in a Ziploc bag.
We then placed Joy on a booster seat on the chair. She was a little hesitant—-didn’t like her neck getting wet when the spray bottle was used but overall did great. She sat very still. At the end, she didn’t like the itchy feeling on her neck, so once that was cleaned off and we held her up to the mirror, she got a huge smile on her face.
She said, “I love it. I look like mommy.” We took some pictures and that was it! We placed her pigtails in another bag and will mail them off to this nonprofit to see if they can use it. It will take about two weeks for the wig to be made.
In my opinion, Joy looks even cuter than she did before, and I didn’t think that was possible.
We never know what tomorrow holds, so for now we will enjoy twinning with our spring haircuts and cherishing this sweet memory from the salon.










❤️❤️❤️
ReplyDelete